How to Get Social Media Results For Your Business
Social media allows your company to directly connect with your customers, prospects, and brand ambassadors about everything from products to challenges. An engaged audience is one of the greatest assets a brand can have. But do you know how to use social media to solidify these relationships?
We will introduce you to the essential best practices to create a winning social media strategy:
- Clarify Your Business’ Social Media Goals: The most important part of your social media marketing plan is defining clear goals. All decisions are informed by these, so without clearly defined goals, your social media plan will also be scattered and/or ineffective. To prevent this from happening, start by writing down at least three social media goals for your business. Make sure each goal is specific, realistic and measurable.
- Find Your Audience: Too often we see brands engage in any and all social media channels in an effort to be present everywhere and anywhere. The first key to success in any social media initiative look at how engaged and active your audience is with a particular network and see where you can make the most impact. It’s worth investigating the relationship between social channels and your business, in order to understand which activity would have the most impact on your desired results.
- Develop Your Content Strategy: The previous two tips should now create a framework for you to develop a comprehensive content strategy for your marketing plan. Within your content strategy, you should include what type of content you intend to post, how often you will post content, who your target audience is, who will create the content, and how you will promote the content.
- Plan ahead and use Scheduling: When planning and executing your social media strategy, it helps to save time by scheduling pre-planned content. This not only helps to build an audience, it also prevents you from inundating your follower’s feed with too much or not enough information. Scheduling helps you maintain a steady flow of content being published throughout the day. Another advantage to scheduling your posts is that you still can continue to share news, updates, and content in the event that you are busy or away from the office.
- Use Analytics to Track Progress and Adjust Your Strategy as Needed: Once your social media marketing plan has been implemented, it’s now time to check the appropriate metrics and see how your content is performing based on your goals. Once you’ve analyzed your current campaign, resolve to do more of what is working and revise things that are not working. You will need to keep developing your strategy and content and use analytics to guide your next steps throughout your social media campaign.